Monday, July 6, 2009

Slapped hard, by reality

Reality sinked in today.

Did some soul-searching.

After almost 18 years in my life never had i thought about this in such a way. Never thought about this perspective. I think i was mostly ignorant. Maybe thats why.

Well today. I got woken up.

I gotta admit i've always been too self-centered. My world = Me myself and I.

And that is a terrible thing.

I think i've probably sighed at least a hundred times today. Up to the point whereby grandma was asking me why i was sighing so much.

The reason why?

I guess i'm ashamed.

I was always the kind who expected others to give in, ALL THE TIME.

And i thought i was always right (I thought wrong, by the way)

But then this came along.

And deep down, i'm very grateful actually. Thank you for helping me to realise my mistakes. I can't really guarantee/promise that i won't let you down again. Wouldn't want to go in the direction of empty promises.

I really need to learn to put myself in others' shoes. Cliché, i know. But that's what i need to do.

And words, they are merely words. Sometimes powerful, yes. But actions do really speak louder than words (Cliché #2)

Now i know the purpose why our paths crossed again. Its because of this.

I will change.
And i'll show you how.

No comments: